Writing a Credible Thesis Methodology Section
If you got acquainted with what thesis format includes, you must have made an assumption that such part of your paper as the thesis methods will require special attention. It is true, as good explanation and description of the methodology used is what makes the whole study credible in the eyes of the reader. Effectively developed methodology chapter will make your paper much stronger, and support the study results. On the contrary, the whole paper will be ruined by only the badly written methods section, no matter how good the study is itself.
As you understand, to get the maximum of chances for success, it’s necessary to polish the thesis methods section until it is 100% perfect. For this purpose, use the guidelines provided here by MasterPapers.com professional writers. These pieces of advice are constantly used by our writing team when preparing theses for our customers. As the result is always the success of the paper, you can confidently rely on our help and use the following tips when writing the methodology chapter of your thesis.
What the Methodology Chapter Includes
Here is the list of what information should necessarily be included in the methodology section of your paper.
• Make the results of the research seem believable for the reader
• Enable other researchers replicate your study to check the results
• Describe the theoretical background of the study, procedures and materials used when conducting the experiment
• Provide the calculations, explain techniques, and describe the equipment used
• Include the limitations and assumptions explanations, as well as provide the validity range
• Refer to the special software used in experiment procedures or for calculations in case it was applied.
Four Steps to Effectively Describe Thesis Methods
1. Determine the problem you are researching/ the question you’re trying to answer/ the subject you’re studying. Do not go deep into details; make a short but sustainable overview. This would give the reader an opportunity to find the logical connection between what you’re studying and how you’re studying it.
2. Explain the methods chosen for the study or the experiment. The explanation should be lucid and explicit enough, so that it was easy to catch the essence of the method and its usage.
3. Verbally lead the reader through all the steps of the study process. The details concerning the techniques, equipment, process, etc. are vital here. The reader should be able to draw a clear picture of how you carried out your study. Equally, another researcher should be able to use these explanations for conducting the same study.
4. Prove that the methods were perfectly chosen for your specific study, and no other would suit better. A simply good approach is not enough. Show that your approach is also the most relevant one.
With a good understanding and thorough usage of all the guidelines described above, your thesis methods chapter will become a strong component of the paper, not a weak one. Still, in case you have some doubts about your ability to produce a well-written methodology section, use the help of our experienced qualified writers who can write a good-as-gold methods section in your custom thesis.