Understanding Middle School Writing Prompts
Starting to compose an essay is easier only if you have a certain direction for writing. That is why teachers will have to provide middle school writing prompts to let the students gain a starting point for their essay writing. A writing prompt is like a type of a question that you need to respond to. Your response then is converted into a written form as an essay.
You can actually write different types of essays depending on the prompt that was delegated to you. In such a case, you can write a response in a form of an informative essay. In any case, you should be able to understand what the prompt asks you in order to come up with a relevant essay response.
Let me give you some middle school writing prompts so you can better understand what they really are.
- What is your opinion about the government’s stimulus package for bankrupt companies?
- If you are a flying bird, what places will you visit?
- Relate your personal experiences to the personal experiences of Mother Theresa of Calcutta.
- Are you for or against death penalty? Defend your answer.
- What was your reaction to Michael Jackson’s death?
Middle school writing prompts help you have a sense of purpose in writing about a topic. In order to have a quality essay out of prompt, make sure that you can actually understand the question to better prepare for it.