Dissertation methodology – get the basics right
Your work will be appreciated if you adopt the right kind of dissertation methodology
The kind of dissertation methodology that you use will determine the actual worth of your work. If you take the requisite time to decide on the kind of methods that you want to use in order to come to unbiased conclusions, you could surely have a good piece of work to submit. Unfortunately, most students find the going quite tough and do not know how to cope in this regard. They keep wondering about the kind of methods they should employ to be able to prove or disprove a point. This is where our writers could help you. Since they are fully aware of the requirements of each subject they could suggest the right kind of methods that you can use to arrive at the logical answers.
These are the points that you need to remember before zoning in on the right kind of methods to proceed with your dissertation –
- Make sure you understand the topic or question that is given to you. For instance, if you are a mathematics student, there might be certain quantitative methods that you would have to apply in order to arrive at certain conclusions. On the other hand, if it is a social science, there might be qualitative methods that have to be applied. Either way, make sure you understand the question before going ahead with the dissertation methodology.
- When you select the methods that you are going to use, try to apply it first and see if it would be completely suitable for your research. Without this, you might end up wasting a lot of time on this particular part of your dissertation writing.
- Try to examine whether or not this particular method lends itself to further analysis. In other words, the methods that are employed should facilitate the next stage of the research process. If this is not done, then the whole exercise could turn out to be quite pointless.
- You also need to think about the cost of the methodologies that you use. If you are going to spend enormous amounts of money just trying to get data and analyse it, you might have to go looking for further grants to fund your work. This is not a practical situation. It is therefore essential that you estimate the amount of money that you would have to spend before you actually embark on your dissertation.
- Check out the time factor when you select your methods. All dissertations take time to write; however, there is a limited timeframe that you need to keep in mind so that your activities are all on track. If you can do this right from the very beginning, you would be aware of the quantum of time that you would need to employ certain methods.
Once you have decided on your dissertation methodology do not make too many changes to it. This would indicate a lack of knowledge on your part, which is certainly not a good thing. We can help you with any kind of methodology. Just give us the dissertation instructions and we can give you good suggestions at a reasonable cost.