Details about Dissertation Award
A dissertation award is a kind of appraise given to the best dissertations in different fields and according to different criteria. The beginning of each fall semester is usually marked with establishing one or a few committees whose task is to determine the winners of research, teaching, and thesis. Such award is given for the most outstanding written project in any field that is relevant to practice and contributes essentially to its development.
The dissertation award has been established with the following purpose: to encourage academic research which combines theory and practice and reinforces interaction between the doctoral students and the world of practice.
In order to submit for the honors each entry should:
1. consist of a dissertation written by the entrant at least fifteen months prior to submission deadline. This also means that your thesis should not be previously submitted;
2. demonstrate relevance of your work in practice as well as potential impact in the industry;
3. present original ideas that were obtained by the entrant.
The dissertation award nominees are also required to submit copies of the items listed below.
1. the dissertation summary disclosing the importance of the problem, the scope of the dissertation, the contribution to the industry, and the novelty of the methodology approach.
2. the self-contained paper based on the thesis statement so that the award committee can evaluate the contribution of your work.
3. a letter of recommendation from your advisor that shows significance of the research and includes comments on the originality of your work.
A number of dissertation awards have been granted to papers composed by our experienced writers committed to professionalism.