Some Basic Dissertation Questions
You probably have some dissertation questions that need to be answered right away. In light of our mission to provide you the best resource materials about writing a dissertation, let me list down some common questions about dissertation papers. I hope this article will help you out in realizing some basic questions about writing a thesis.
- What is a dissertation?-it is a research project reflecting a compendium of tasks that involve researching and writing.
- How do I select a good dissertation topic?-the topic must be selected if you are familiar with it, is significant, relevant, feasible and has many resource materials to utilize.
- What is a research proposal?- it is the initial plan of the writer as to how to proceed with the research process. It must be approved by the adviser. It is similar to an essay outline.
- What is a thesis statement?-the thesis statement is the main idea of the thesis paper. It reflects the main goal of writing the results and the purpose of the study. It can be in a question form or as an assertion.
- What are the parts of a dissertation?-the basic segments or chapters of a dissertation paper are the following; introduction, literature review, methodology, data, analysis, results, discussions and conclusion.
- What reference citation styles can I sue?-it depends, you can use the MLA research format for humanities subjects or the APA style for science based subjects. Other variations include Turabian, Harvard and Chicago.
- What resource materials can I use for referencing?-you can actually use anything from newspaper articles to books, journals to internet articles. Just make sure you know how to cite these mediums correctly.
These are just some of the basic dissertation questions that most students tend to ask. If you need any assistance in writing your paper, simply contact us.